Baker Springs Fishing Estate - Lot 6
Manhattan, MT - 20 Acres - $545,000
If fly fishing is your passion, make the exclusive fishing community of Baker Springs your own. Baker Springs is a private, 232-acre community designed for people who dream of living within walking distance of great fly fishing. Enjoy private access to several trout-filled ponds and spring-fed creeks plus Baker Creek and the West Gallatin River; all fishing features are available to property owners. With more than 200 acres of common area, the Baker Springs development is a unique 11-residence fishing community. The property offers a combination of spectacular scenery, including a 360-degree mountain view under Montana’s Big Sky, and stellar fly fishing. Baker Springs is just a short drive from the confluence of the Madison and Jefferson as it joins the Gallatin to form the headwaters of the mighty Missouri. The finest trout fishing in the country can be found on the Madison, Jefferson, Missouri and Yellowstone Rivers.
Baker Springs is close to Big Sky and Bridger Bowl ski areas in addition to Yellowstone National Park. Only fifteen minutes from Gallatin Field airport allowing easy access to the property, Baker Springs is the ideal home base for your Montana adventures. The scenery is pure Montana and the lifestyle is pure relaxation.
Baker Springs possesses an incredible number of trout fishing opportunities. The ponds and streams on the property have been restored and enhanced to provide great trout fishing.
• Baker Creek - Approximately one mile of this creek has been enhanced with features to create an exceptional large-trout habitat: an intimate creek with big fish!
• Trout Creek - This fishery has been enhanced to create additional spawning habitat for Baker Creek, creating cover and holding water for large trout, making Trout Creek into an excellent small spring creek fishery.
• Middle Pond - This fishery has been developed to create a one-acre spring-fed pond.
• Baker Creek Pond - This pond has been developed as a one-acre spring-fed pond near Baker Creek with an outflow of spring water into Baker Creek, enhancing the quality of both fisheries.
• West Gallatin River - This world class fishery has been enhanced by creating additional spawning habitat from the West Gallatin River Pond and outflow creek, creating an ideal environment for native trout.
• West Gallatin River Pond and spawning channel - Created here is a one-acre spring-fed pond in the heavily forested riparian area of the West Gallatin River. The outflow from the pond provides additional spawning habitat for the river.
• North Pond - The largest pond at Baker Springs. This three-acre spring-fed pond has a spring creek inflow plus outflow from the pond in the form of a spring creek flowing into Baker Creek. This pond hosts exceptionally large fish.
• Baker Springs Creek – This is a spring creek with outflow from the north pond, an excellent spring creek fishery and provides additional spawning habitat for Baker Creek.
Upland bird hunters will find opportunities in the area mountains to chase pheasants, Hungarian partridge, Sharptail, Blue and Rough grouse in any direction from the property.
Elk, deer, Black bear and mountain lion can all be found and hunted in the area mountains and forest. Moose, Bighorn sheep and Rocky Mountain goat are also found in the area. These animals require a specific tag from Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks to harvest, one should start applying and build up preference points for these tags now. Yellowstone National Park and the Gallatin National Forest are some of the nation’s best places to find protected animals like Grizzly bears, lynx, wolverines and wolves. This is truly a wild area with an incredibly diverse list of wildlife.