Golden Eagle Ranch
Details & Features
Where can you go to buy one property that will consistently provide the hunting of multiple species, four of which: mallard ducks, Canada geese, whitetail deer, and Merriam’s turkey, on a world-class level… without ever leaving it? Where can you go to purchase the control that can only come from owning five miles (both sides) with braided channels, backwaters, islands, sandbars, and riparian habitat… on one of the most revered hunting rivers in the country? Where can you go to acquire water rights… enough to implement and maintain incredible habitat work… which in turn produces clouds of waterfowl… in a world fighting fiercely for its use? The Golden Eagle Ranch (GER), located in Northeast Colorado, offers one of the rare times you can actually come up with these answers.
The Golden Eagle Ranch is one of those rare sporting assets whose reputation among hunters is one of grandeur and rich legacy with waterfowl populations that are nothing short of legendary, deer genetics of true record-setting quality, and an abundance of water; that most critical of land components, which the Golden Eagle Ranch has in spades. From the 5+ miles of the South Platte River with side channels and sloughs ribboning throughout the vast riparian corridor to the irrigated ground under pivot and flooded wetland complexes, Golden Eagle Ranch offers the finest in wildlife habitat for the discerning big game, waterfowl, and upland hunting enthusiast who is looking for best of the best for each. The thoughtful and deliberate land stewardship under which the ranch has been managed for the past 30+ years has resulted in a personal hunting kingdom, the likes of which simply cannot be duplicated. Golden Eagle Ranch stands alone in NE Colorado and the surrounding region as “best in class,” given the vast habitat contained within its boundaries, incomparable water resources and both the resident and migratory wildlife. While a true turn-key opportunity, the ranch also offers an incoming owner a host of options for further habitat development projects to build upon the already legendary status of this one-of-a-kind sporting destination.
- Over 5 miles of the South Platte River (both sides) with all its multiple braided channels, islands, and diverse riparian habitat
- The hunting of 8 game species, 4 on a world-class level
- Annual populations of wintering mallards and Canadas numbering in the thousands
- Whitetail deer in the 190-200” class.
- Abundant turkey, pheasant, and quail with enhancement opportunities for each
- 4 moist-soil flood fields constructed by Ducks Unlimited that attract, hold, and provide the tremendous hunting of ducks and geese
- Water rights, both senior and adjudicated, and permitted to be used for irrigating crops in the summer as well as flooding waterfowl habitat in the winter
- Large 6-bedroom/ 5-bathroom lodge with detached storage building, kennels, and game cleaning station
Live Water Properties features breathtaking ranch properties throughout Colorado. These Colorado ranches for sale are the finest recreational properties available. Opportunities abound whether located on one of the state’s famed rivers, shoulder to shoulder with pristine national forest, or perched above a spectacular mountain vista. With endless pursuits in skiing, fishing, and hunting, Colorado is the destination for outdoor lovers interested in owning ranch real estate.View All Colorado Properties
Live Water Properties is pleased to announce the expansion of their platform in the southeastern United States, with the addition of Bill Calton and Jon...