Download Property Brochure For Gustafson Ranch Green Cove Springs, Florida
Thanks for your interest in Live Water Properties!
Details & Features
Gustafson Ranch was established in 1905 with 1 cow and grew to one of the largest dairy farms in the United States with 10,000 cows on approximately 9,600 contiguous acres at its peak. The ranch is located in Jacksonville, Florida and is an integral part of both the population growth of the city and the state’s transportation infrastructure. For the 1st time in over 100 years, the Gustafson Family plans to sell 3,267 acres known as Governors Park, a Development of Regional Impact, or DRI, planned for residential, commercial and industrial uses. Future infrastructure improvements will bring a new interstate through the ranch, I-795, which is already started and expected to be completed in phases over the next 10 years.
Governors Park features frontage along Governors Creek for over 9 miles. The natural beauty of the ranch is unparalleled in this part of Florida, with over 100’ of elevation change across all of its 3,200 acres. Currently, the ranch is being used, as it has been for most of its history, as a cattle ranch and high-fence hunting preserve. Currently, there are 492 acres of improved pasture, 2,227 acres of planted and natural pine, and 12 permitted wells ranging from 70-1,100 gpm in capacity. This is an opportunity to own a working ranch with incredible natural resources while preserving and creating wealth through appreciation of the underlying dirt and entitlements as the MSA of Jacksonville expands.
“There is not only a tremendous history that goes along with Governors Park, as a historic Florida cattle ranch and dairy operation, but the future of Governors Park is bright and truly special as a regional development and investment. This is a unique opportunity to own a working ranch with incredible natural resources while preserving and creating wealth through appreciation of the underlying dirt and entitlements as the MSA of Jacksonville expands. We are honored to be a part of the transition of this property with such an expert team of advisors and professionals.” Hunter Brant
- Located strategically around a major interchange of the new First Coast Expressway in Clay County, just 15 minutes from Interstate 95
- Provides for the development of up to 4,000 Single Family homesites and 2,000 Multi-Family Units
- The first major residential development opportunity west of the St Johns River along the First Coast Expressway
- Creates an employment center featuring locations for an estimated 6,300 new, permanent jobs with annual payroll contribution estimated at over $225 million
- Includes the construction of an alternate alignment of U.S. Highway 17, bypassing commercial traffic around the City of Green Cove Springs connecting to the new First Coast Expressway
- Emphasis on environmental stewardship and smartgrowth, providing guidelines for networks of greenways, parks, and trails
- Responsibly paced development plan spanning 20 years, timed to be sensitive to the growth of the community and availability of supporting infrastructure
- Over 800 acres of the site will be permanently dedicated as green and open space use
- Three public school sites donated to the Clay County School District
Land for sale in Florida continues to attract investment from a host of different companies, funds and individuals due to its business-friendly atmosphere and year-round outdoor climate. Florida offers the landowner no state income tax and significant property tax cut for agricultural lands which include investment, hunting, timber and agricultural lands. Live Water Southern provides expertise in land sales, conservation easements and investments in Florida land to a diverse group of clients throughout the state.View All Florida Properties
For the second consecutive year, Jackson Hole real estate broker Latham Jenkins has been named Live Water Properties’ 2022 Top Producing Broker. Jenkins represented M...