- +/- 196,962 total acres, including +/-16,891 deeded acres
- 1,200 Animal unit carrying capacity with grazing lease in place
- +/- 614 acres of center pivot irrigated hay ground
- Excellent hunting with established revenue generating hunting program in place
- Landowner tags available for Elk, deer and pronghorn
- +/- 14 miles of Sweetwater River frontage
- 4,200 sq. foot main lodge plus manager’s home, bunk houses and cattle handling facilities
- Historically significant location with Oregon Trail, Mormon Trail and Split Rock mountain, which is listed on the National Register of Historic places.
The Split Rock Ranch is a vast, productive Wyoming cattle ranch for sale, strong on both production and wildlife, and steeped in western history. Located in south-central Wyoming along the Oregon Trail, the ranch spans more than 35 miles from South to North, encompassing 3 counties and running on 196,962 total acres. First and foremost a cattle ranch, the Split Rock Ranch has a conservative carrying capacity of 1200 animal units. The deeded lands include 16,891 acres of diverse landscape including lush river bottom, rocky outcroppings and miles of rolling sage flats and meadows. The Sweetwater River courses through the deeded land for approximately 14 miles providing secure private river frontage. The river delivers irrigation water to 4 center pivots which irrigate 614 acres of cropland. Strong on the recreational front, the river is the lifeblood for area wildlife including; Elk, Mule Deer, white-tailed, deer, and Pronghorn Antelope, all are which are present in prolific numbers supporting a well-managed ranch hunting program. The Sweetwater River provides onsite fishing and adds a live water component that is very unique for its location. Split Rock Ranch presents the opportunity to own a large and diverse Wyoming ranch for sale with strong production and spectacular recreational attributes.
Get To Know Wyoming Ranches for Sale in Wyoming
Ranches for sale in Wyoming, in particular properties located in Jackson Hole and surrounding resort counties, not only provide unmatched access to the plethora of recreational opportunities in the area, but offer excellent real estate investment opportunities as well. With such close proximity to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, these properties range from expansive fly fishing and hunting ranches to classic working cattle properties. Wyoming resident tax advantages and ranch value appreciation make investing in ranch real estate here a smart buy-and-enjoy strategy.