Download Property Brochure For Smith Creek Middle Ranch
Thanks for your interest in Live Water Properties!
Blackfoot River Retreat
Details & Features
The Blackfoot River Retreat is the premier fishing property for sale in western Montana. The Retreat, currently the only property available on the Blackfoot, comprises 85 well-maintained acres and is situated within a diverse ecosystem highlighted by stands of mature trees, rich pasture, river bottom, and a private swimming pond. Through this well-balanced landscape runs the storied upper Blackfoot, the river that inspired Norman Maclean’s classic narrative, A River Runs Through It. A haven for wildlife, the Retreat is a desirable elk and deer archery hunting property. The turn-key 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom log cabin and adjacent guest quarters were built with the river as a visual centerpiece; large windows and doors open the home to the sights and sounds of the water. Built above a two-car garage, the guest quarters are perfect for visiting family and friends and feature their own full bath, kitchenette, and 360-degree views. An additional two-vehicle log garage provides more space for toys and ranch implements.
Deeded acreage on both sides of the river and nearly 1500 feet of river frontage, without another home in sight, offers privacy and world-class dry-fly fishing opportunities for native Westslope Cutthroat trout. River features on the property include excellent fishing and swimming holes and access to miles of wilderness wade-fishing, both upstream and down. Rarely, if ever, does a single property feature so many desirables — picturesque privacy amongst the wildlife, excellent recreational opportunities, productive pasture with old priority water rights, and a location in a historic Montana Valley.
- Only property currently available on the Blackfoot River
- 85.25 acres have been meticulously maintained with select timber harvest and weed management with mature stands of Ponderosa and Aspen
- Turnkey 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom log cabin with adjacent guest quarters are offered fully-furnished.
- Productive pasture and historic water rights dating back to 1888
- The property and river corridor - a natural haven for wildlife. Common sightings of elk, deer, and other mammals. Excellent birdwatching habitat
- Proximity to Bob Marshall and millions of acres of public land
- Private swimming pond with large stone steps
- Engineered riverbank with outdoor gathering area on the water’s edge
- Access to miles of dry fly fishing
- Elk anchor on the property in the fall – bugling elk can frequently be seen and heard – offering excellent wildlife viewing and bowhunting opportunities. Excellent white tail deer habitat as well
Trust Live Water Properties to list ranches for sale in Montana that suit every sporting passion. Ranch real estate in the beautiful state of Montana can be purchased near Big Sky, Bozeman, Livingston, Big Timber and Whitefish. Picturesque fly fishing properties can be found on rivers like the Big Hole, Beaverhead, Yellowstone, Smith, Jefferson, Madison, Gallatin and many other prolific, native trout fisheries, while the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem provides the backdrop to Montana horse and cattle ranches. The variety of ranch properties for sale in Montana fulfill every outdoor-loving whim.View All Montana Properties
The Old Watson Homestead on the Judith RiverCraig Janssen, Jack McInerney
First-Hand Account For 22 years, I have been purchasing lands along the North Platte River in Western Nebraska and developing them for hunting. I've also...
#1 agent in the state of Wyoming for individual sales volume had it under contract in only six days. Jackson Hole, WY, (August 16, 2022)-...