- Highly desirable location
- Strong conservation easement opportunities
- Significant recreational and timber components
- Lovely 4,365 square foot 5 bedroom home with just under a 1,000 sq. ft. screened pavilion
- 358.4 acres with 170 +/- acres of merchantable timber and a 26 acre stocked pond.
- Home to varied wildlife including whitetail deer, wild hogs, wild turkey, quail, woodcock, dove, and resident and migratory ducks
- Turnkey recreational property for deer, ducks, wild turkey, wild hogs, woodcock
- 26 acre stocked pond with three-tiered overflow system
- Neighbors some of the most notable and significant plantations in the state of SC
- Located 7 miles west of Estill, SC in Hampton County. 1 hour drive from Savannah, GA and 2 hours from Charleston, SC
Situated in the heart of the South Carolina sporting plantation and timberlands region, in Hampton County, South Carolina, Harper’s Pond is an exceptional southern property for sale. Neighboring some of the most well-known plantations in the state, Harper’s Pond offers superb recreational opportunities combined with an established timber operation. The property’s neighbors include some of the most well known large plantations in the state, admired for their quality habitat management and land stewardship.
The creek and spring-fed 26-acre pond makes Harper’s Pond highly unusual in this area. With its three-tiered overflow system, it can be divided providing the opportunity for a plant and flood duck pond to attract waterfowl. It currently is habitat for a large population of resident ducks and migratory Ringneck ducks. It’s also a proven stocked resource for freshwater fishing for largemouth bass and bream.
Overlooking the pond is a spectacular 4,365 square foot home with 5 bedrooms, spacious living areas and a gourmet chef’s kitchen with top of the line appliances. Custom built in 2009, much of the house is paneled and trimmed with the rich patina of local heart pine. Attached to the house is a just under 1000 square foot screened pavilion with a large brick fireplace providing enjoyment of the outdoors year-round. The surrounding grounds were meticulously designed by a master naturalist to attract native migrating songbirds and wildlife.
In a prestigious area where lands seldom become available, Harper’s Pond is a rare and exceptional offering.